Monday, March 23, 2009

19 year old soldier

I am a 19 year old boy soldier in World War II. Im here to fight but i guess i didnt know what i was getting my self into when i signed up for this. I guess all those posters with pretty ladies on them had an impact on me, i thought they would think i was tough, but this is really scary. I just keep my head up high and just think about when this is all over how much respect i will get from everyone. Know that i played my part in fighting for what i needed too, hoping that ill be making history one day, and hoping that i dont get killed. I have to admit im scared more than 90 percent of the time. It all began in September and it is now June and this war is global. I am just a regular American boy impacted by the war. The sight of dead bodies haunt me at night but i just try and block those thought out. Try to become a man and a hero while fighting for my life, trying to stay alive.

No comments: